Best places and restaurant for a Healthy Lunch in Chicago.
Everybody looks forward to that time of day when you can take a lunch break. Browse through a range of healthy lunch options that will give your body the nutrients it needs to keep going for the rest of the day and leave you feeling great. From vibrant salads to hearty soups we’ve got plenty of healthy lunch ideas to keep your lunchtime on the right track, Our healthy lunch recipes help you make the most of your lunch break.
There are approximately a million places to buy a quick lunch in downtown Chicago, but unfortunately a lot of them are greasy or heavy or just plain mediocre. I have picked the meals which I believe re the healthiest and fairly low in calories. I also enjoy all of these meals. But before having a great reference to use for your next handful of business luncheons I have given you some other useful tips. I believe that these few things will help you lower your overall caloric intake when going out.
List of places and restaurant that serve Healthy Lunch in Chicago:
This local chain makes a-may-zing sandwiches, most served on whole-grain pretzel bread. Their ingredients are super high quality and mostly organic, and the flavors are interesting and unusual. My favorite is the Sergio’s special, which has mango chutney, pickled jalapenos, gruyere, and avocado. It’s normally made with ham, but I prefer to get it with turkey.
This is a newer local chain focused on high-protein meals. Maybe it’s due to the increased interest in paleo eating, but if the lines out the door are any indication, they’re having a ton of success. They make “bar-ritos,” salads, bowls, and blended drinks, using quinoa instead of rice and a salad mix that includes kale and broccoli instead of the more typical iceberg. My favorite is the southwest salad, which has chicken, quinoa, black beans, avocado, and cholula hot sauce. Unlike many lunch salads, this one keeps me full for HOURS. Great for people who need to eat gluten free- TONS of options.
Another local chain, also focused on healthy food, Freshii has noodle bowls, rice bowls, salads, and wraps, and while they have suggested combinations, each person gets a little clipboard to fill out exactly what you want, letting you can customize your meal however you like. Also great for gluten free folks.
Roti is like Chipotle for mediterranean food. You choose whether you want a rice platter, or a sandwich made on lavosh or pita. Then you choose your filling (chicken shwarma, felafel, chicken or steak kabob) and as many toppings as you want from an awesome selection including hummus, baba ganouj, feta, grilled vegetables, Jerusalem salad, olives, hot sauce, roasted onions, and on and on. Always crowded at lunch, but the line moves fast.
Oh, how I love this place. Oasis is a felafel and schwarma stand that operates out of the back of a jewelry store on Wabash Avenue. (Yes, really). It is cheap, the food is delicious (try adding a cup of the lentil soup to your meal for a dollar!) and the family that runs it is friendly. Highly recommend.
Piccolo Sogno, 464 N Halsted, 312- 421-0077
- Insalata di Pere- roasted pears, baby argula, lemon oil, capriole farm goat cheese
- Antipasti grilled vegetables platter – choice your favories
- Griglia MIsta, grilled calamari, shrimp, octopus, tossed with orange, fennel, tomoatoe, olive, potatoes and arugula
Athena Greek Restaurant, 212 S Halsted, 312-655-0000
- Patzaria- fresh sliced beets served with skordalia
- Octapodi Salata- octopus marinated in olive oil and vinegar with chopped celery and carrot
- Orange Roughy – lightly seasoned and broiled with lemon sauce
312 Chicago, 136 N LaSalle, 312-696-2420
- Capesante: Seared Scallops, cauliflower puree, seasonal mushrooms, red peppers, house cured tomato oil
The Gage, 24 S.Michigan, 312-372-4243
- Roasted Amish Chicken Apple, Fennel, Watercress, Sweet Potato Purée 21
Fish & GT Oyster, 531N.Wells, 312-929-3501
- Tuna Poke- preserved mango, cucumber, black sesame
Sepia, 23 N Jefferson, 312 – 441-19205.
- Salad and vegetables with while balsamic vinaigrette
- Pan Roasted Sea Trout, sunchoke, maitake, red wine
- Lake Superior Whitefish
- Warm french lentils, spring vegetables and citrus vinaigrette
Keefers, 20 W Kinzie, 312-467-9525
- Fish Tacos- grilled mahi, mahi, tamatillo, fesno chili, green onion relish, avacado, salsa verde (skip all the sides, eat all the vegetables)
- Grilled Mahi Mahi – in orange beurre blanc or soy honey sauce
Hub 51, 51 W Hubbard, 312-828-0051
- Black bean turkey chili (no bread, no cheese, cup)
- Sonoma Salad (no cream dressing)
- Spinach Salad (no croutons)
Joe’s Stone Crab, 60 E Grand, 312-379-5637
- Seafood Chopped Salad (oil and vinegar)
- Any grilled fish of the day with lemon and grilled asparagus
- (773) 395-6696
- 3411 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL
- Get Directions“
- … was good and prices were OK. This restaurantis great! And it is also a very…”
- (312) 326-0062
- 49 E Cermak Rd, Chicago, IL
- Get Directions“… value foryour money. Keep it up. I really enjoy the fine healthy cuisine that is served….”
- (773) 477-8880
- 2438 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL
- Get Directions
- 2807 N Sheffield Ave
- (between Diversey Pky & Wolfram St)
- Chicago, IL 60657
- Neighborhood: Lakeview
Roti Mediterranean Grill10 S Riverside Plz
(between Washington Blvd & Madison St)
Chicago, IL 60606
Neighborhood: Near West Side
(between Clark St & Barry Ave)
Chicago, IL 60657
Green Tomato Cafe
Chicago, IL 60623
Goodwin’s175 N Franklin St
(between Monroe St & Couch Pl)
Chicago, IL 60606
Neighborhood: The Loop